Cejar Lagoon is located in the interior of the Atacama Salt Flat at an approximate distance of 28 km. from San Pedro, of great scenic beauty with calypso coloured waters and surrounded by salts of various shapes. Due to the high concentration of these salts you can enjoy floating in its waters.
Continuing our tour to two round lagoons called Ojos del Salar that contain less salt concentration.
Ending this tour in Laguna Tebinquiche where in summer you can appreciate how the evaporation of the water due to the high temperatures forms a white mantle of pure salt.
14:30 hrs - Departure from the meeting point in San Pedro de Atacama
Visit to Laguna Cejar
Like being in the Dead Sea! Due to its high salinity, we will easily float in its waters, which provides a unique bathing experience. Laguna Cejar is surrounded by a desert and saline landscape. The contrast between the turquoise water and the desert environment creates a breathtaking and surreal sight.
Visit to the Ojos del Salar Lagoons
The Ojos del Salar Lagoon is an important habitat for various species of birds, especially flamingos. If we are lucky, we will observe the flamingos in their natural environment.
Visit to the Tebenquiche Lagoon
Laguna Tebenquinche is a salty lagoon, which means that the water contains a high concentration of salt. During the rainy season, the lagoon can fill with water, creating a natural mirror that reflects the sky and the surrounding mountains, creating a spectacular landscape. Watching the sun set from this lagoon, I assure you, will be a unique experience that you cannot let go on your journey.
19:00 hrs approximately - Return to San Pedro de Atacama
- Bilingual Guide
- Transport Service
- Entrance Fee Laguna Cejar
Values per person. Payment only in cash. General public: CL$ 15000; Senior Adult: CL$ 10000; With indigenous certificate: CL$ 2000; Children from 6 to 12 years old: CL$ 5000; Students with ID or School Pass: CL$10000.
- Entrance Fee Laguna Tebenquinche
Values per person. Payment only in cash. General public: CL$ 5000; Children from 6 to 12: CL$ 1000.
Safety Conditions in Service
- Whether due to weather conditions or route conditions (roads) that do not offer the minimum security guarantees for safe operation, our supplier reserves the right to cancel the service
Acceptance of Activity Risks
- The passenger declares to know and understand the risks involved in participating in adventure tourism activities, which cannot be completely eliminated, even when there is compliance with safety standards accredited by the service provider, which are intended to reduce the risks involved in the development of this activity.
- It will be the duty of the adventure tourism service provider to inform about the conditions and requirements for the development of the activity, as well as the duty of the participants that take an adventure tourism service to be adequately informed about the conditions in which the service is provided, the minimum conditions that the participant must have before carrying out the activity and to follow the instructions that the company and guide in charge of the activity indicate.
- Valid until 30 december 2024
- Prices in United States Dollars (USD) are calculated from their value in Chilean Pesos (CLP) with the exchange rate of the day and may vary depending on the day the payment is made.
- Tickets to National Parks or Reserves are not included in the tour price
- Fares valid for services at the times indicated
- Services apply with minimum number of passengers at the time of booking
- Rates per person subject to change.
- For safety and operational reasons, schedules may be changed without notice
- In Excursions the pick up is in the indicated hotel.
- In transfer service, applies from all hotels in San Pedro de Atacama (does not include Ayllus in the outskirts)
- Excursions with a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
The minimum age for children's tours is 7 years old, except for Geisers del Tatio, whose minimum age is 12 years old.
Cancellation or No Show Conditions
- Cancellations with 72 hours notice without charge.
- Cancellations within 48 hours are considered No Show, 100% charge
Request tour with GreatChile
Questions? Contact GreatChile
- Back in 3 hours
Other services you might like
Programs & Tours
San Pedro Express
3 Excursions / 2 Nights in Hostal, double room
Live San Pedro
5 Excursions / 3 Nights in Hotel, double room