This astronomical tour is offered every night, with the exception of 5 nights a month when there is a full moon.
We will observe the deep sky through high-end computerised and hand-held telescopes. Depending on the time of year we will be able to observe: planets, open and closed clusters, galaxies and stars.
In addition we will be able to relate the visible constellations of the southern hemisphere with the help of a laser pointer. If you want to know about the Andean archaeo-astronomy of Latin America you should ask Patricio who is the speaker in the explanatory talk about how our American ancestors related the cosmos to the geographical and cultural area.
9:00 p.m., Time to be confirmed depending on the season, but it will always be at night .
Departure from your accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama
Guided observation with telescopes
Return to accommodation
- Bilingual Guide
- Transport Service
- Passenger Transportation Insurance
Service Security Conditions
- Whether due to weather conditions or route conditions (roads) that do not offer the minimum guarantees of safety for safe operation, our provider reserves the right to cancel the service
Acceptance of Activity Risks
- The passenger declares to know and understand the risks involved in participating in adventure tourism activities, which cannot be completely eliminated, even when there is compliance with security standards accredited by the service provider, which are intended to decrease the risks that the development of this activity involves.
- It will be the duty of the adventure tourism service provider to inform of the conditions and requirements for the development of the activity, as well as, it is the duty of the participants who take an adventure tourism service to adequately inform themselves of the conditions in which the service is provided, of the minimum conditions that the participant must have before carrying out the activity and abide by the instructions that the company and guide in charge of the activity indicate.
- Valid until April 30, 2023.
- Prices in United States Dollars (USD) are calculated from their value in Chilean Pesos (CLP) with the exchange rate of the day and may vary depending on the day the payment is made.
- Entrance Tickets to The Parks or National Reserves are not included in the value of the Tour.
- Valid rates for services at the indicated times.
- Services apply with a minimum of passengers at the time of booking.
- Rates per person subject to change.
- For security and operational reasons, the schedules may be modified without prior notice.
- In Excursions the collection is at the indicated hotel.
- In transfer service, it applies from all hotels in San Pedro de Atacama (does not include Ayllus in the suburbs)
- Excursions with bilingual guide Spanish and English.
Conditions of Minors
- Minimum age for tours of minors is 7 years, except Geysers del Tatio whose minimum age is 12 years.
Cancellation or No show conditions
- Cancellations 72 hours in advance without charge.
- Cancellations within 48 hours are considered No Show, 100% charge