We will visit the wonderful Altiplanic Lagoons, Miscanti and Miñiques. We will be able to get close to the local culture in the Altiplanic village of Socaire. We will observe the Salar de Atacama from above, and enjoy the beautiful landscapes and ravines.
At the same time, we will be amazed at the impressive Mirador de Piedras Rojas.
07:30 hrs. approx - Departure from your accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama
Visit to the Altiplánic Lagoons Miscanti and Miñiques
The Miscanti and Miñiques Lagoons are located approximately 110 kilometers southeast of San Pedro de Atacama, in the Socaire commune. They were formed due to volcanic activity in the area. The Miscanti Lagoon is the largest and is characterized by its intense turquoise color, surrounded by imposing mountains and volcanoes. Laguna Miñiques, for its part, is smaller and is located near the Miñiques volcano, conical in shape and covered with snow in winter. Due to the altitude, it is important to take precautions to avoid altitude sickness.
Visit to the Altiplanic village of Socaire
We will travel through time and visit a small and picturesque town with a typical architecture of the region, where adobe buildings and thatched roofs predominate. The town is surrounded by impressive landscapes, with mountains, volcanoes and vast expanses of desert terrain.
Visit to Piedras Rojas Viewpoint
The viewpoint owes its name to the reddish rocks that dominate the landscape and contrast with the intense blue of the sky and the surrounding lagoons. From the viewpoint, we will enjoy an impressive view of the mountains, volcanoes and desert landscapes characteristic of the area.
18:00 hrs. approx - Return to accommodation
- Bilingual Guide
- Transport Service
- Passenger Transportation Insurance
- Entrance Fee Chaxa, Miscanti and Miñiques Lagoons and Piedras Rojas Viewpoint
Values per person. Payment only in cash. Nationals: CL$ 15000; Foreigners: CL$ 23000.
Request tour with GreatChile
Safety Conditions in Service
Whether due to weather conditions or route conditions (roads) that do not offer the minimum safety guarantees for safe operation, our supplier reserves the right to cancel the service
Acceptance of Activity Risks
The passenger declares to know and understand the risks involved in participating in adventure tourism activities, which cannot be completely eliminated, even when there is compliance with safety standards accredited by the service provider, which are intended to reduce the risks involved in the development of this activity.
It will be the duty of the adventure tourism service provider to inform about the conditions and requirements for the development of the activity, as well as the duty of the participants that take an adventure tourism service to be adequately informed about the conditions in which the service is provided, the minimum conditions that the participant must have before carrying out the activity and to follow the instructions that the company and guide in charge of the activity indicate.
- Valid until 30 April 2023
- Prices in United States Dollars (USD) are calculated from their value in Chilean Pesos (CLP) with the exchange rate of the day and may vary depending on the day the payment is made.
- Tickets to National Parks or Reserves are not included in the tour price
- Fares valid for services at the times indicated
- Services apply with minimum number of passengers at the time of booking
- Rates per person subject to change.
- For safety and operational reasons, schedules may be changed without notice
- In Excursions the pick up is in the indicated hotel.
- In transfer service, applies from all hotels in San Pedro de Atacama (does not include Ayllus in the outskirts)
- Excursions with a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
The minimum age for children's tours is 7 years old, except for Geisers del Tatio, whose minimum age is 12 years old.
Cancellation or No Show Conditions
- Cancellations with 72 hours notice without charge.
- Cancellations within 48 hours are considered No Show, 100% charge