Near Bolivia is the Salar de Aguas Calientes, part of the Salar de Tara and part of the Los Flamencos National Reserve, a valley dominated by large volcanoes and strange geological formations. Its lagoons of strange colours are the habitat of wild animals and llama herds of Atacameño families. We will visit the "Guardians of the Pakana", enormous stone pillars that rise vertically and solitary on the desert sand, of unusual beauty. In the midst of the volcanic relief, we will see the meadows, rivers and lagoons in the interior of the salt flat.
08:00 hrs - Departure from your accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama
Visit to the Guardians of the Pakana
Be impressed by this unique archaeological site in the region, made up of a series of stone structures dating back more than 1,000 years. These structures are located on a hill overlooking the Catarpe Valley and the Atacama Desert. The Guardians of the Pakana are believed to have been used by the ancient inhabitants of the region for stargazing and to perform religious rituals. Today, this place is a testimony of the cultural legacy of the native peoples of the area.
Visit to the Salar de Aguas Calientes
We will advance further to cross the Salar Aguas Calientes, located in the Puna de Atacama at an approximate height of 4,280 meters above sea level. In its great extension it is possible to appreciate an arid landscape, with the presence of llaretas, tolas de agua and tamarugos. This salt flat is surrounded by volcanoes and its waters come from the Pili river and the Chamaca ravine. At the edge of the road we will be able to observe a great quantity of fauna such as vicuñas, foxes, vizcachas, chinchillas and birds such as the flamingo and if we are lucky condors.
Visit to the Mirador de Licancabur
Due to its imposing height and distinctive shape, the Licancabur volcano is one of the most iconic mountains in the region and a must-see for nature and adventure lovers. The Licancabur Viewpoint is an access point from where we will appreciate the majesty of the volcano, as well as the impressive surrounding landscape, which includes other volcanoes, salt flats, and mountains of the Andes Mountains. An impressive experience for visitors.
Visit to the Salar de Quisquiro
Salar de Quisquiro is located in the geological depression called Caldera de la Pacana. This is a beach-type salt flat with shallow lagoons of variable length. Its main water supplies are the Salado River in the south and the Loyoques estuary in the north. This salt flat is located at an approximate height of 4150 meters above sea level and has an area of 80 km2.
15:00 hrs approx - Return to the accommodation
- Bilingual Guide
- Transport Service
- Passenger Transportation Insurance
- Entrance tickets to National Parks or Reserves
Conditions for Minors
- Minimum age for this excursion is 12 years old
Safety Conditions in Service
- Whether due to weather conditions or conditions of the route (roads) that do not offer the minimum security guarantees for a safe operation, our provider reserves the right to cancel the service.
Activity Risk Acceptance
- The passenger declares to know and understand the risks involved in participating in adventure tourism activities, which cannot be completely eliminated, even when there is compliance with safety standards accredited by the service provider, whose purpose is to reduce risks. risks that the development of this activity involves.
- It will be the duty of the adventure tourism service provider to inform of the conditions and requirements for the development of the activity, as well as the duty of the participants who take an adventure tourism service to be adequately informed of the conditions in which the service is provided. of the minimum conditions that the participant must possess before carrying out the activity and abide by the instructions that the company and guide in charge of the activity indicate.
- Excursion only available in AM Hours (08:00)
- Valid until December 30, 2023
- Prices in United States Dollars (USD) are calculated with the exchange rate of the day from their value in Chilean Pesos (CLP) and may vary depending on the day the payment is made.
- Entrance Tickets to National Parks or Reserves are not included in the value of the Tour
- Rates valid for services at the times indicated
- Services apply with a minimum number of passengers at the time of booking (2)
- Rates per person subject to change.
- For security and operational reasons, schedules may be modified without prior notice.
- There is no pick-up at the hotels, at the time of confirmation the time and meeting point will be given.
- Excursions with Spanish and English bilingual guide
- NOT allowed for pregnant women
Conditions of Cancellations or No show
- Cancellations 72 hours in advance free of charge.
- Cancellations within 48 hours are considered No Show, charge 100%