Three excursions in 3 days!
If you are looking for an ideal long weekend plan, this program is for you.
We will begin this journey with a unique sunset in Valle de la Luna, a landscape that you will never forget. We will get up early to visit the Tatio Geysers, to witness the impressive spectacle of hot water jets that emerge from the earth and turn into steam. We will also visit Laguna Cejar, where we will enjoy a refreshing swim in the lagoon.
This program with accommodation in La Rukka hostel and transfer from/to Calama Airport, will make you enjoy the most of your time in this beautiful destination.
Transfer in shared service, from Calama Airport to Hostal La Rukka
Check-In at Hostal La Rukka leaving luggage at the reception
Welcome to San Pedro de Atacama! In this completely remodeled hostel you can enjoy the tranquility and the sun in its large interior patio, and observe the sky of San Pedro de Atacama at night. The perfect place to start your adventure.
15:00 hrs - The minivan picks up the participants at their accommodation
Visit to the Valley of the Moon at sunset
We will enjoy a walk along the marked trails to appreciate the majesty of this place. During sunset, the valley is illuminated with a palette of vibrant colors. As the sun dips below the horizon, the sky fills with warm, golden tones, and the different elements of the landscape take on hues and shadows that create an impressive visual spectacle.
19:00 hrs approx - Return to San Pedro de Atacama
Accommodation in Hostal La Rukka
You can choose to rest in the hostel or visit one of the many restaurants that offer a combination of local and international cuisine. Or simply take a walk through its cobbled streets. A good way to get to know the local culture.
Between 04:30 and 05:00 hrs (AM) - Pick up at the accommodation
Visit to the Tatio Geyser
With more than 80 active geysers and a wide variety of fumaroles and boiling mud pools, we will immerse ourselves in a unique and fascinating geothermal environment. Panoramic views of the mountains and surrounding nature are breathtaking, providing a sense of grandeur and natural beauty.
Visit of the Machuca Town
Despite its small size, Machuca offers some interesting attractions. We will explore the village on foot, visit the church and meet the local people. You can also try some of the region's culinary specialties, such as llama empanadas, which are sold in small food stalls.
12:30 hrs - Return to accommodation in San Pedro de Atacama
14:30 hrs - Departure from the meeting point in San Pedro de Atacama
Visit to the Cejar Lagoon
Like being in the Dead Sea! Due to its high salinity, we will easily float in its waters, which provides a unique bathing experience. Laguna Cejar is surrounded by a desert and saline landscape. The contrast between the turquoise water and the desert environment creates a breathtaking and surreal sight.
Visit to the Ojos del Salar Lagoons
The Ojos del Salar Lagoon is an important habitat for various species of birds, especially flamingos. If we are lucky, we will observe the flamingos in their natural environment.
Visit to the Tebenquiche Lagoon
Laguna Tebenquinche is a salty lagoon, which means that the water contains a high concentration of salt. During the rainy season, the lagoon can fill with water, creating a natural mirror that reflects the sky and the surrounding mountains, creating a spectacular landscape. Watching the sun set from this lagoon, I assure you, will be a unique experience that you cannot let go on your journey.
19:00 hrs approx - Return to the accommodation
Accommodation in Hostal La Rukka
until 12:00 hrs - Check Out of Hostal La Rukka
Transfer from Hostal La Rukka to Calama Airport
- Excursions include Spanish and English bilingual guide
- Services apply with a minimum number of passengers at the time of booking
- In excursions that include it, the pick-up will be at the hotel indicated by the passenger, as long as it is located in the urban area of San Pedro de Atacama.
- For security and operational reasons, schedules may be modified without prior notice.
Conditions for Minors
- Minimum age for this program is 12 years
Safety Conditions in Service
- Whether due to weather conditions or conditions of the route (roads) that do not offer the minimum security guarantees for a safe operation, our provider reserves the right to cancel the service.
Activity Risk Acceptance
- The passenger declares to know and understand the risks involved in participating in adventure tourism activities, which cannot be completely eliminated, even when there is compliance with safety standards accredited by the service provider, whose purpose is to reduce risks. risks that the development of this activity involves.
- It will be the duty of the adventure tourism service provider to inform of the conditions and requirements for the development of the activity, as well as the duty of the participants who take an adventure tourism service to be adequately informed of the conditions in which the service is provided. of the minimum conditions that the participant must possess before carrying out the activity and abide by the instructions that the company and guide in charge of the activity indicate.
- Valid until December 30, 2023
- Prices based on double room
- In case of paying in dollars, the exchange rate of the day of payment is applied
- Rates valid for services at the times indicated.
- Rates per person subject to change.
- The entrance Tickets to the National Parks or Reserves are not included in the value of the Tour.
- The values of the tourist sites to visit may be modified without prior notice; these are administered by the different Atacameñas Indigenous Communities and it is they who determine the access values to each place.
Conditions of Cancellations or No show
- Cancellations 5 days in advance free of charge.
- Subsequent cancellations are considered No Show, charge 100%
Request tour with GreatChile
Questions? Contact GreatChile
Other services you might like
Programs & Tours
Unmissable San Pedro
4 Excursions / 3 Nights in Hostal, double room
Promotion: 3 Tours / 2 days
Live San Pedro
5 Excursions / 3 Nights in Hotel, double room